We aim to provide domiciliary care and support to individuals in their own homes. We provide a continuous service that meets the specified needs and wishes of the individuals and allows them to remain in their own home and to enhance their skills and opportunities.
The aims of the service are:
- To provide a professional, reliable, quality service that is person centred and tailored to specific needs;
- To provide appropriate levels of support within the individual’s home which enables and encourages them to achieve their personal goals and individual potential, thus maximising independence;
- To support individuals to make good use of all community based resources, thereby promoting social and economic inclusion;
- To encourage individuals to make informed choices, thus promoting their sense of self-achievement and leading to an enhanced quality of life;
- To promote improved physical and mental health through health promotion and health education;
- To offer support services that promote an awareness of the individuals human and civil rights and self-esteem;
- To promote opportunities for ongoing learning and to offer appropriate support which, will facilitate development;
- To provide a friendly but professional service where each individual’s privacy and dignity are respected at all times.
We offer personal care including assistance with dressing, washing and bathing, shaving, toileting needs, getting in and out of bed, and help with domestic chores such as general housework and laundry, encouraging the individual to do as much as they are able.
Staff offer assistance with other daily tasks such as meal preparation, encouraging a healthy diet; also shopping, collection of benefits, accompanying individuals to appointments, etc. We can escort individuals on social, educational or leisure activities that they may otherwise not be able to access.
Individuals are encouraged and supported to maximise their potential. Whilst the service allows for varying levels of care and support to be delivered, the emphasis will be on assisting and encouraging individuals to do as much as they are able – doing with and not for where possible.In addition to this, we can also offer sleep-in or waking night services as required.